Rose Geranium Soy Candle + Hand Cream, 65g
Our soy wax candles are made from soy wax and shea butter. Soy wax is a vegetable wax derived from soybean oil. After soybeans are harvested they are cleaned, dehulled, cracked, and rolled into flecks. Oil is then extracted from these flecks and hydrogenated. In the process, unsaturated fatty acids present in the oil are saturated, thereby dramatically altering the oil's melting point. It then solidifies at room temperature.
The reason to switch from commercial paraffin candle is:
- Soy candle has cleaner burning - no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means it's less likely to trigger allergies.
- No petrol-carbon soot like you get from petroleum-based paraffin candles.
- Longer lasting - soy wax burns cooler which means that you can enjoy your soy wax candle for generally 30-50% longer than a paraffin candle.
- Other than soy wax, shea butter added into our formula too. While burning the candle, you may use the melted wax as hand cream. Shea Butter helps to moisturise and hydrates your skin.
Benefits of soy wax:
- Derived from a vegetables, (soy beans), while it's counter partner, paraffin wax is derived from petroleum (a refined a gasoline product).
- A natural, renewable resource.
- Biodegradable and cleans up with plain old soap and water.
- Has a lower melting point than paraffin wax and because of this, soy candles will burn slower or longer than paraffin candles.
- Burns with zero petro soot, creating petro soot free candles. Paraffin candles burn with petro-soot.